3.1 Links to other websites
This website contains links to other websites (such as Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest) to which this VELUX Privacy Statement does not apply. Please note that we do not endorse other websites and their content. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each website you visit.
4. Sharing your data with other companies
Our company is a part of the VELUX Group which operates globally. We may share your personal information internally in the VELUX Group, but only if it is necessary in order to fulfil the purpose of which we are processing your personal data. All entities in the VELUX Group have entered into an Inter-Company Data Processing Agreement that ensures that everyone follows the same procedures when processing personal data, ensuring the same level of security is maintained throughout the Group.
We may also share your information with selected third parties including:
• Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors that we work with, for example delivery and customer services, and website support and hosting.
• Technology providers, for example analytics, tracking technologies, targeting and re-targeting technologies and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our platforms.
• Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others, if you have given consent.
• Social networking sites, if required when processing and if you have given your consent
• With other third parties to ensure the safety and security of our customers, to protect our rights and property to comply with legal processes or in other cases if we believe in good faith that disclosure is required by law.
When we cooperate with external service providers, we enter into a data processor agreement concerning the processing of your personal data by the service providers. These service providers are prohibited from using your personal data for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law. We store your personal data on servers located in the UK.
Recipients outside EU: When using or disclosing personal data transferred from the UK to VELUX A/S or other third parties, we use standard contract clauses approved by the European Commission and we adopt other means under European Union law for ensuring essentially equivalent safeguards, or obtain your consent.
For the personal data we share with VELUX A/S, we act as UK representative in accordance with the UK GDPR article 27.
For the personal data we process on EU citizens, VELUX A/S act as the EU representative in accordance with the GDPR article 27.
You can contact Velux A/S on firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Your controls and choices
We provide you with the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your personal data. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include:
• You may change your choices in terms of subscriptions, newsletters and alerts
• You may choose whether to receive marketing communications from us about products and services that we think may be of interest to you
• You may choose whether we share your personal data with other companies so they can send you marketing communications about their products and services
• You may choose whether to receive targeted advertising from ad networks, data exchanges, marketing analytics and other service providers
• You may request access to the personal data which we store on you, to correct inaccurate or incomplete data and in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we store on you to be transferred to another controller, restricted or erased from our records (“Rights of the Individual”). You may also object against our processing of your personal data.
• You may exercise your controls and choices, or request access to your personal data, by contacting Customers Services, the local Privacy Responsible or following instructions provided in communications sent to you. Please be aware that if you do not allow us to collect personal data from you, we may not be able to deliver certain products and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If you have any questions regarding the specific personal data about you that we process or retain, please contact Customers Services or the local Privacy Responsible.
We will respond to your request to exercise any of your rights within one month, but we have the right to extend this period with two months. If we extend the response period, we inform you within one month from your request.
6. Data security, integrity and retention
The security, integrity and confidentiality of your personal data are extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures that are designed to protect your personal data from unauthorised access, disclosure, use and modification. From time to time, we review our security procedures to consider appropriate recent technology and methods. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We will retain your personal data for the length of time needed to fulfil the purposes outlined in this VELUX Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. We will routinely refresh the information to ensure we keep it up to date.
7. Changes to this VELUX Privacy Statement
From time to time, we may change this VELUX Privacy Statement to accommodate latest technologies, industry practices, regulatory requirements or for other purposes. At all times, we will post the most recent version on our digital platforms. We therefore advise you to read the Privacy Statement regularly. Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent.
8. Comments and questions
If you have a comment or question about this VELUX Privacy Statement, please contact email@example.com. You may file a complaint about the way we process your personal data. You can contact us by using the contact details stated at the end of this Privacy Statement. If a complaint is made, the name and contact details of the complainant must be provided to VELUX. We will investigate the complaint and respond within one month. If you consider that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, you may file a complaint to:
Information Commissioner's Office
Telephone: +44 (0)303 123 1113
Fax: +44 (0) 1625 524510
9. Contact details
This website is owned and operated by VELUX A/S. This Privacy Statement was last updated in December 2020.