3.1 Links to other websites
This website contains links to other websites (such as Facebook, Google+, YouTube, Pinterest) to which this VELUX Privacy Notification does not apply. Please note that we do not endorse other websites and their content. We encourage you to read the privacy notifications of each website you visit.
4. Sharing your data with other companies
We will not share your personal data except for a few situations, including:
• When intergroup and third parties perform services on our behalf, for instance package delivery and customer service. These companies are prohibited from using your personal data for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law.
• When we share personal data with intergroup and third parties to ensure the safety and security of our customers, to protect our rights and property to comply with legal processes or in other cases if we believe in good faith that disclosure is required by law.
• When you allow us to share your personal data with third parties, such as:
o Directing us to share your personal data with third party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites.
If we cooperate with external service providers (data processors), we enter into data processor agreement regarding the service providers processing of your personal data.
We have not included a list of all recipients of personal data, only the ones placed outside the EU, please see below in section 4.1-4.2. The reason is we are a part of a large, globally operating group which works with a large number of data recipients. Including all these recipients would not contribute to its clarity. We will also regularly change suppliers. It would therefore be a large administrative burden to keep an exhaustive list of recipients up to date. We would also have to update you each time we add or remove a recipient, which we feel would be burdensome for you. We therefore believe that giving you a list of categories of recipients is more transparent and user friendly than including a list or all recipients.
Recipients outside EU:
. All information we collect is subject to this Privacy Notification. HubSpot is subject to TRUSTe's EU-US. and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks.
5. Your controls and choices
We provide you with the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your personal data. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include:
• You may change your choices in terms of subscriptions, newsletters and alerts
• You may choose whether to receive marketing communications from us about products and services that we think may be of interest to you
• You may choose whether to receive targeted advertising from ad networks, data exchanges, marketing analytics and other service providers
• You may request access to the personal data which we store on you, to correct inaccurate or incomplete data and in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we store on you to be transferred to another controller, restricted or erased from our records (the rights as a person). You may also object against our processing of your personal data.
• You may exercise your controls and choices, or request access to your personal data, by contacting Customers Services or following instructions provided in communications sent to you. Please be aware that if you do not allow us to collect personal data from you, we may not be able to deliver certain products and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If you have any questions regarding the specific personal data about you that we process or retain, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We will respond to your request to exercise any of your rights within one month, but we have the right to extend this period with two months. If we extend the response period, we inform you within one month from your request.
6. Data security, integrity and retention
The security, integrity and confidentiality of your personal data are extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures that are designed to protect your personal data from unauthorised access, disclosure, use and modification. From time to time, we review our security procedures to consider appropriate recent technology and methods. Please be aware that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
7. Data transfers, storage and global processing
Your personal data are stored on servers located in the European Union.
9. Comments and questions
This website is owned and operated by VELUX Company Ltd. This Privacy Notification was last updated on May 2018.